ur biggest Vineyard, with perfect south – east exposure, was planted in 1998 after a careful and exhaustive agronomical and geological analysis of the whole estate.
It is set between the nineteenth century Ripoli farmhouse and the hamlet of San Polo, where an ancient 11th century lookout tower is situated. This tower and a small deconsecrated church nearby has been protected since 1913 by the Sovrintendenza per Beni Architettonici, Paesaggistici, Storici e Artistici of Florence. The Merlot used for La Papessa IGT
and the cut for the Chianti Classico DOCG
comes from the vineyard.