19 Novembre 2017
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
Villa
The beautiful, historic villa, central nucleus of the Fattoria
The Villa Padronale or Manor House, headquarters and nucleus of the estate, is situated in the heart of Tuscany, between the provinces of Florence and Siena, at the centre of the Florentine Chianti Classico.
This splendid estate once belonged to the Marquises Torrigiani, an old patrician family from Florence. It is perhaps not a coincidence that the original activity of the Torrigiani in Florence was the wine business.
Throughout the centuries the Torrigiani had many political offices in the Republic of Gran Duchy, so much so that in 1768 Pope Clemente XIII bestowed the title of Marquis on Giovan Vincenzo Torrigiani. Above the main door of the Villa the antique family crest is perfectly preserved and remains as witness to their important past. The front of the house is characterized by an imposing portal and the strong colour contrast between stone, ivy and plaster.
The solid square Villa is surrounded by the perfectly kept estate extending over 270 hectares, of which 40 are under cultivation, 20 are olive groves and almost 30 are dedicated exclusively to vineyards.

This territory has the ideal microclimate for the king of Italian grapes: Sangiovese. At 300 to 450 meters above sea level and optimal exposure, this land is the perfect place to grow a strong, characterful grape.

[website creation www.sitoper.it]